Sunday, January 3, 2016

Working Weekend

We had a busy working weekend at the farm. We took advantage of the nice weather and got a lot of outside work completed. 

Robert, Mason and Nic (Jen and I helped a little bit), split about about 22 ricks of wood in two days. We were a little behind on wood this year, so we had a load of seasoned log ends delivered (about 10 ricks once it was all split). We also had a few large trees which had toppled down over the summer which the guys cut up and split. 


I cleaned the music cabin,


Picked up sticks around the buildings,


And put a new coat of polyurethane on all of the building signs.  


The weather was awesome for this time of year. We had sunny weather in the low 40s. 


We plan on tapping in 2-3 weeks depending on the weather. Still lots of work to do before then! 

Jenny and I sent out vendor applications on Saturday and Jenny sent out staff emails today. If we missed anyone, please let us know! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your work on this blog, I really appreciate it! I've been tapping my trees for a few years and found this blog last year. It was a great help! Especially for a fellow Hoosier. Keep up the good work, I look forward to finding out when you begin tapping!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you like the blog!